- Staff are responsible for practicing good hygiene practices (e.g., frequent hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes, and not touching your face).
- Staff are provided with the appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e., disposable gloves and face masks). Staff are encouraged to notify their supervisor if they require any additional equipment.
- Disposable gloves will be changed after cleaning each washroom, handling dirty laundry, and when going between rooms.
- Staff are not permitted to enter a room when in-use by guest(s). Staff must wait until the room is vacated before cleaning.
- Rooms are vacuumed with vacuums equipped with HEPA filters.
- Cleaning for the COVID-19 virus is the same as for other common viruses. Cleaning products and disinfectants that are regularly used in households are strong enough to deactivate corona viruses and prevent their spread (BC Centre for Disease Control)
- All hard surfaces will be cleaned with a cleaning solution and then disinfected with a bleach solution
- Bathroom hard surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Dirty cloths will be kept separate for washing with bleach and hot water.
- Fresh cloths will be used often to reduce spread between surfaces.
- Toilets, showers, sinks, faucets, windows, walls, dispensers, door handles, grab bars, light switches will be cleaned and disinfected.
- All washrooms will have soap available for washing hands.
- Staff will not shake dirty linens upon removal. They will be placed in a laundry bag in the bedroom. Mattress protector and fitted sheet provided on queen beds in Retreat Centre. All other linens must be brought by guests
- Laundry bags are washed with the linens
- Bunk mattresses will be misted with bleach solution
- Buckets for dirty rags are disinfected after use
- High-use touchpoints will be disinfected with a bleach solution during group changeovers (for individual rooms and common areas), and daily in public areas (i.e., dining halls):
- Toilet seats
- Light switches
- Bar fridges
- 12’’ above and 6’’ below each doorknob
- The majority of housekeeping supplies will be assigned for individual use.
- Shared equipment must be disinfected after each use (e.g., mops, brooms, and vacuums).
- The House Cleaning cart must be sanitized between use.
- Clean and sanitize the loading area of washing machines and dryers.
Food service is currently not being offered. Groups coming on site must provide their own food and beverage and serve it using COVID protocols recommended by the Ministry of Health .
Dining Hall Setup & Cleaning
- The tables will be set up with 2 m spacing.
- No more than 6 people per table.
- Outdoor seating is encouraged.
Administrative & Management
- Office staff are responsible for practicing good hygiene practices (e.g., frequent hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes, and not touching their face).
- Office staff are designated to their own work station
- Office staff are responsible for sanitizing their own work station at the end of their shift.
- High touchpoints are sanitized daily:
- Light switches
- No sharing of workstations.